What is Platelet Rich Plasma - PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP is prepared by taking blood from the person, and then putting it through two stages of centrifugation designed to separate Platelet-Rich -Plasma from platelet-poor-plasma and red blood cells. The platelets collected in PRP are activated by the addition of thrombin and calcium chloride, which induces the release of the person's own growth factors. A growth factor is a naturally occurring substance capable of stimulating cell proliferation, wound healing, and cellular differentiation.
How does Platelet Rich Plasma - PRP work?
Also known as the “vampire facial,” Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP therapy takes your own blood, concentrates its healing properties (growth factors), and reinjects it back into you. The isolated growth factors in such higher concentration stimulate the skin cells responsible for producing collagen and elastin. The areas treated include face, neck, décolleté, hands, scalp and joints.
How is the procedure performed?
1. First, the sample of blood is obtained by a licensed medical assistant.
2. Then, blood is centrifuged to isolate the Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP
3. Skin is numbed with a potent topical anesthetic for maximum comfort.
3. The Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP is administered to the target areas by microneedling and/or injections.
4. Post-treatment instructions are handed to the patients.
5. A follow-up appointment is scheduled in two months to look at your pictures and evaluate for further enhancements.
6. The procedure takes 45 to 60 minutes.
What can you expect?
Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP helps the body reproduce lost collagen and elastin promoting deep regeneration for smoother, younger-looking skin, reduction of wrinkles, scars and dark circles, and improve hair regrowth. A series of three treatments one month apart are recommended.
For more information about Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP, call our Doral Clinic in Miami.
Schedule a cosmetic consultation for PLATELET RICH PLASMA - PRP