What is botulinum toxin (AKA Botox or Dysport)?
Botox is a natural protein used to improve the appearance of facial expression wrinkles between the eyebrows, forehead and crow's feet. Of the four botulinum toxins of type A for aesthetic purposes authorized by the FDA, we use BOTOX and DYSPORT at our clinic.
How does botulinum toxin (Botox or Dysport) work?
Botulinum toxin type A (Botox or Dysport) deactivates the action of acetylcholine responsible for muscle contraction. By using small and safe amounts into the facial expression muscles, it inhibits the contraction of these muscles and the wrinkles on the skin above these muscles.
How is the procedure performed?
1. First, we complete an aesthetic evaluation to determine the best product of choice and the amount to be used.
2. Then, we numb the skin with a potent topical anesthetic for maximum comfort.
3. Tiny needles are used to deliver a safe amount of the product into the target muscles.
4. We complete the Botox or Dysport treatment by applying a mineral sunscreen into the skin.
5. Post-treatment instructions are handed to the patients.
6. A follow-up appointment in two weeks is scheduled to look at your pictures and evaluate for further enhancements or retouches.
7. The procedure takes 20-30 minutes and has no-downtime.
What can you expect?
The effect of Botox or Dysport starts to be noticeable after the third day and it takes two weeks for full effect. Over time, new nerve endings develop that restore contact with the muscle, gradually recovering the mobility of the muscles, which forces the treatment to be repeated after about four to six months. The duration is similar for both Botox and Dysport .
For more information about Botox and Dysport treatments, do not hesitate to call our Doral Clinic in Miami.
Schedule a cosmetic consultation for BOTOX DORAL | DYSPORT DORAL
Visit us or Call us today for more information on Botox Doral | Dysport Doral | Botox Miami | Dysport Miami